Salvation is here!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006


I thought you'd like this!

You probably know, that yes I do like videogames! At times I can play quite a lot on them, and well Ive come to the conclusion that maybe this isnt a good idea. The other weekend I didnt have too much homework, so I decided to play on my psp on virtua tennis. I really like this game, and I dont know why but I didnt pay attention to the time. Suddenly my left thumb started hurting and I realised Id been on for over 3 hours! This was bad enough, but being on a psp it was even worse. Even though it is a portable console, it's not designed to be played on for long periods (well that's my opinion), and the thumb stick after a while can get unconfortable. Anyway my thumb was really sore and I had to stop playing, and when it was really sore still the next day, I knew Id done some damage to it! I think that Id sprained as it swelled and I couldnt put any pressure on it. The only lucky thing was that it was my left hand not my right, as I dont think my school would take this as a great excuse for not being able to write ;-)

Still though videogames are fun, but Ive learnt not to play for too long a time, as injuries are possible. You've been warned ;-)

2 Comments:

  • I know, Sony don't realise how paranoid some people are of even picking up any videogame now incase they injure themselves ;-) I'm sorry about your leg too! My thumb seems tame compared to that ;-)

    By Blogger Luque, at 9:15 PM  

  • Damn, ive never heard of that happening before! Ive heard of people attaining bad eye site from playing too long on games consoles...but never any thumb injuries!!! Another lesson well learnt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home