Salvation is here!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

GoApe!

Just near to where we live there's a new high rope's course in Mallard Pike, and of course we've tried it out already ;-) If you don't know what I am going on about have a look at the pictures, basically you are about 30 feet in the air and have a harness to protect you while trying to tackle various obstacles including tarzan jumps and loads of zip wire where you pick up a lot of speed. Local people could get in for free in the first few weeks, so we took advantage of it, I went 3 times......!

This is me on the last zip wire, where as you can see is quite long, I managed to land most of them except for the last one I did, which isn't the one in picture ;-)

This is the professional Speni, who says he can do anything, including remembering to put hooks on the ladders ;-)


This is me again high in the air, attempting one of the easier obstacles! Isn't it great Spring, finally there's green on all the trees....... I even managed to sunbathe the other day... ;-)

This is pro again ;-) Look at the concentration in Speni's eyes. Tom's just smiling in the distance.... in case the pro makes a mistake ;-) But of course that would never happen!

Anyway this was from a few weeks back but I thought I'd share them, as they were fun. If you ever come to visit us or if you live in the Forest GoApe is great, and I'd go again as long as they still do a deal ;-)

5 Comments:

  • Hey Luke!
    That looks great!!! lol would love to do something like that sometime! Would be awesome!
    How you doing?
    I found out where i'm doing my work experience today in some beauty salon called "beautique" sounds posh! lol
    Hope you're ok!
    Be blessed, love debz xxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

  • Hi Debz,
    Yeah it was pretty good fun ;-) I'm alright, you? I've just played tennis for the school this afternoon, and we won so I'm happy, but now quite tired....!
    That's cool you've found your work experience, and it's not that posh, well have fun there! When does that start?
    Speak soon,
    Blessings, Luke

    By Blogger Luque, at 6:55 PM  

  • Heya, i'm fine thanks! Well done!! Glad you won!:)
    I've been told it's posh in there that's why! lol, i'll try and have fun! It said that i wasn't allowed near the bleach!! lol probz a good thing! It starts 22nd May - 26th but i get monday off! :D lol
    What you up to this weekend?
    Take care, love Debz xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • Hi Debz,
    The bank holiday was pretty cool on Monday. We went to Berkley castle near Gloucester where there was a massive civil war reenactment, it was a really good day and the sun was shinning all day ;-) Apart from that I haven't done much, I had a test at school today in Economics which was very hard, so I won't dwell on that.... Do you only have one week of work experience then, we had two! What you been up to?
    Speak soon, blessings, luke

    By Blogger Luque, at 5:42 PM  

  • Heya,
    I'm sure you have done ok on your exam!! Yeah we only get a week for some reason, most schools have two! I went on a school geography trip to the South Downs today which was really good! I got a nice tan! lol my class had a race up a scarpe slope and i was first girl to the top and 6th person out of whole class was well pleased with myself! lmao was really fun and we ran down the dip slope was cool!
    Anyways i hope you're ok! Speak soon. Take care, love Debz xxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home