Salvation is here!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Updating things

Hey everyone!

Sorry there's been nothing for ages. I know I am lazy! I just wanted to do a quick update on what is happening.

As some of you may know I'm having a gap year and I'm not going to Uni like I was originally going to. I'm now reapplying for next year through my school again, which is quite fun, well not really it's weird not being at school anymore. But they have been helpful.

In the meantime I'm doing tennis coaching voluntarily at Newport with kids with slight disablilities. It's really rewarding, and I really like the kids. I'm also learning German, well because I'm going to Germany now!! Well it's not definite as I haven't been accepted but I hope I will be. It's with a missions school in the Black Forest, so that's in the south west, if you're interested. Here they do outreach work with youth both in Germany and in Poland, mainly to people who haven't the gospel before. It sounds reallyt cool, and is an international organisation so there'll be people from all over the world there, and English will be the main langauge spoken. I still want to learn German though, as I think it will be useful. Also I will then hopefully do some travelling after the course and meet up with friends around Europe which will be cool!

It would be cool to catch up, I will write more now!!
Luke

Btw the pics are where I'd go in Germany for the missions school, and the map is a bit obvious!

5 Comments:

  • Heya,
    How you doing?
    Your German sounded very good on audio on friday lol i used to be able to speak quite a lot of German but then i gave up languages for GCSE so i've forgotten most of it lol. Good luch with it all though i'm sure you'll have a great time!
    Do ya want a rematch at checkers lol??? haha that was good fun! I'll let you win this time hehe :P
    Hope you're ok, God bless.
    Love Debz xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 AM  

  • haha sorry can't spell there i was supposed to write luck not luch lol x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 AM  

  • Hey Debz!
    Hows it going?
    You were just lucky on the checkers, it was Lewis' moves that gave you a slight advantage, if our computer wasn't going to stop working I'd have carried on and of course won ;-)
    My German was rubbish the other day, lol. I couldn't speak it at all, I learnt a bit and then waited for my classes to start. Which should now be tomorrow, and of course I can't really say much. I can sing 'Our God is an awesome God' in German, and say some random sentences but it ends there. In a few weeks it will be better, then I could have a German convo with you!!!?!!
    Hows school going? I got rejected from another job today, which is rubbish, but then I'm only looking for part time, hopefully I'll get one soon!
    Catch ya latter,
    Blessings
    Luke

    By Blogger Luque, at 12:38 PM  

  • heya,
    i'm good thanks, yourself?
    yeah it's a shame about your computer lol! ;) i'm sure you would have won if we'd actually finished the game! hehe
    I will have to practise my German and then we can have a proper convo in deutsch (however you spell it lol)
    School is good! I have about four pieces of coursework at the moment which isn't very good at all but it's alright because i don't have to do it all at once and i have lessons to work on it. I got an A* on my geography coursework i was very happy! :D hehe.
    What kind of work are you looking for?
    How's the decorating going??:P
    Take care! God bless!
    Auf Wiedersehn!! (again the spelling is awful lol)
    xxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • hey luke :)
    i haven`t been to your website for ages, sorry!
    It looks so great where you re planning to go to :-) hehe germany is great indeed! Good choice!

    be blessed
    juls

    By Blogger Juls, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home