Salvation is here!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A new look on the Lord's Prayer

I came across this on the Internet, and it made me think, and I'm sure it will make you too. It made me realise that sometimes maybe we think there's nothing more we can do as Christians, but there is, and we all need to think hard about we can imporve. I thought this extract on the Lord's prayer really helps to put things into reality.

I cannot say OUR if I live only for myself.
I Cannot say FATHER if I do not endeavour each day to act like His child.
I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if I am laying up no treasure there.
I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I am not striving for holiness.
I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am not doing all in my power to hasten that wonderful event.
I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I am disobedient to His word.
I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I will not serve Him here and now.
I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD if I am dishonest or seeking things by subterfuge.
I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES if I harbour a grudge against anyone.
I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately place myself in its path.
I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I do not put on the whole armour of God.
I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I do not give the King the loyalty due him from a faithful subject.
I cannot say THE POWER if I fear what others may do.
I cannot say THE GLORY if I am seeking honor only for myself.
I cannot say FOREVER if the horizon of my life is bounded by the things of today.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Julia!

    How are you? I haven't done a lot of different or exciting things recently, mainly school work... My first exam is less than 2 weeks away so the lessons are tiring at the moment. I've been playing tennis for the school inbetween, and we've done well in that! My school has won against all the schools we've played, and me and Dan (my double's partner) have won 11 out of 12!

    As far as the girl I went to with the Prom was, it was the girl second from the right at the front in the picture of all the girls. She's called Sasha, but I haven't seen her for a long time now, she wasn't my girlfriend. She was nice and that prom was fun ;-)

    Anyway what have you been up to? I haven't really been online much due to school, and our computers have messed up, well except for Tom's, so that's why I haven't got many new posts!

    Hope all is well in Germany!
    Blessings
    Luke

    By Blogger Luque, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home