Salvation is here!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Prom!

Hey everyone, I found these pictures on my old schools website site, and thought you'd enjoy them. My days at Lakers were sure funny ;-) They are from my year 11 leavers prom, and that was now 2 years ago, that's crazy as it only seems recent....! I don't go to school with anyone from Lakers anymore, so it was weird seeing them again. I still see people from there but not many, it made me realise you have to make the most of current situations as they don't last forever. For example next year I and many others will be off to University.... and everything will change. But of course with God he'd never put you in a situation you couldn't cope with ;-)
This me, Muzza and Fraser who arrived in a Silvershadow, which was pretty cool. And yes Fraser is a guy..... although it can be seen as quite long.... ;-)



This is Owain on the left, who's of course my friend and I still see him, he was on camp last year for anyone from Lee Abbey! Miss Wiltshire is on the right, and was our legendery Science teacher, lol, anyone from Lakers would know what I mean ......!

Me and Muzza, looking pretty cool ;-) Lol, I know my hair looks pretty different, but then again you wouldn't recognise Muzza anymore. Muzza's still one of my best mates!


Some of the girls from my year, I still see Nicky who's second from the left as she plays tennis in my squad on Wednesday's. Sasha at the front on the right was my prom date, she's pretty cool, although I haven't seen her for a while. The others I haven't really seen except for talking online!

This was the best photo I found, and yes it's Miss Wiltshire and Owain again ;-) And yes Owain has his hands on his head, and I have no idea why. It's probably because Miss Wiltshire just turned him down for a dance at the end ;-)

Hope you enjoyed these, I enjoyed seeing them ;-)

2 Comments:

  • Hey Julia,
    I haven't been to many proms!! This was a couple of years ago too. You are right in the way people arrive to them is a bit over the top. Although we didn't arrive in a limo, like others. I'm not really someone who'd go to a lot of events like this, lol! Did you see the pictures of Owain, they made me laugh?!
    Speak to you soon,
    Blessing,
    Luke

    By Blogger Luque, at 4:06 PM  

  • Hi Lauri,
    Thanks for the comment, I really liked the quote about the city, where is that from?
    I thought your thought on the zip line was really fun, and to be honest I'd never really thought about something like that! I'm not really sure where you'd shop for equipment though. The zip line I went on was thick steel, but if you wanted to do a long one that may be hard to get. I did think about using thick rope though, I'm sure that could do a good job. The only other problem is then setting up the line and getting a harness. I'm sure the harness could be got from some rock climbing company, but setting it up is another task...! Do you have a forest area where you live, as using trees to set it up would be easier! Let me know if you ever decide to build one, and I'm sure your younger brothers would love playing on one! The long swing also sounds a pretty fun idea....
    It's so cool representing Christ on the Internet, as if it wasn't for people like us, how would people find out about Him?!
    Blessings,
    Luke

    By Blogger Luque, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home